Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our new car















After nearly 3 months of Avis rentals, I've finally bought the car. As you can see it's a Toyota Rav4. Specifically it's a 2l 4-door 4WD model with a few options thrown in. I've always been partial to SUVs and even more partial to Toyotas, so the best combination that fits the bill for the moment is this.

Thanks Uditha.. I counted on Uditha's help yet again and not only did he come with us to inspect the vehicle and give his advice, he also ended up driving it home for me since I did not have insurance. I'm constantly reminded of how lucky I am to have Uditha living close by. . I just realized that our friendship extends back nearly 20 years now.. Well buddy, here's to another 20! you rock!!

Arranging insurance was pretty easy, just a couple of clicks and a phone call later I had my insurance. Of course the costs are pretty high compared with the SL rates, one reason being me not having driving history here.

I've been driving the RAV4 for only a couple of days now, but I think I've made the right decision. It's a joy to drive and the acceleration is quite good for the small 2l power plant. Also the utility and the configurability of the rear passenger and cargo areas is quite amazing.

One thing I'm still not sure is the fuel economy on this. Since it's AWD, the economy is supposedly less than the 2WD model. Hope it wont be too much of a difference. Talking about fuel economy, I returned the Corolla and when I was pumping the tank full I found out that it had done nearly 26MPG on city running. Pretty cool!

2 comments:

Mahasen said...

:P Oh boy...
Couple of steps behind the Land Cruiser LX 470 we've been carving though

Unknown said...

Wow....
neat ride :-)