Thursday, August 2, 2007

Saying bye to the HHR













Today I went to renew my rental contract with Avis and get it extended for another month. Sure hope this will be my last month on a rental car!

Anyway, I had grown quite fond of the little HHR by now. I've had it for over 2 months and it had served me very well. Even though initially I was a little sarcastic of it's retro looks, I found it the perfect little vehicle for my needs.

So I was a little saddened when I found out I'd have to return it and take out a different car with the new contract. Apparently the plates on the HHR are up for renewal (something that those of us in SL do not have to live with) and the Avis lady didn't want me to get copped due to an expired plate.

After a little deliberation and actually going out and checking it out, I opted for a Corolla over a Ford Escape SUV. SUV lover that i ever am, the Escape was a little old and clunky for my taste. And familiarizing myself with the Corolla will be an advantage since I will be using Hussain's Corolla for the road test on the 15'th. (thanks to Husain's generosity :)

Anyway, I am going to miss the little blue HHR. A great car for a lot of things. Here's to you CHEVY!!

No comments: